5.13.2008

If Gap Had A Home Store

sweater

I bought this sweater at the Gap Outlet Store when Avery was a baby,

pillow

and over the weekend turned it into a pillow for her room.

Now I know what to do with some of the old sweaters accumulating in the back of my closet.

23 comments:

  1. I love it! It's absolutely adorable, as both a sweater and a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    So cute! I always wanted to make my kids quilts out of the outfits they wore that were my favorites. At the time I didn't have the heart to cut them up. Now I have too many projects going. I think I'll wait until they have kids and make them at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I love the piping on the side - you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, girl, awesome.


    and i love that header, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    You are such a genius repurposer...fantasticly cute!

    P.S. I am loving the new banner.Is that pea pod from your garden by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the button details! it looks great.
    And I really like your new banner. that font is killer! what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new banner is visually and gastronomically YUMMY!
    This evening we ate a stir fry full of snow peas from our garden that were just that same shiny shade of green! DELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had that sweater! Look at that I say we. My daughter had that sweater. She wore it for years because I rolled up the sleeves seven times two years before she reached the right size. I wish I had thought the make a pillow out of it. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, Molly. And if Gap had a home store, we would all be in trouble! Or maybe you would have a new job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea!!!
    i have a super duper fantastic orange+light blue gap sweater, that i accidentally felted, laying on my shelf waiting for the perfect project....i think this is it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousMay 14, 2008

    What a great way to use an old favorite =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stripes. That is one of my favorite uses of an old or felted sweater (and its one of the few things I can sew).

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! super idea. hmmmm, i'm off to raid my daughter's closets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I just repurposed a baby shirt of Benen's that I have not been able to let go of (though less decoratively - made a clothespin holder). Did you use a pillow form in this?
    also- banner=happy

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousMay 15, 2008

    that is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's time for me to tear up some old clothes, too. A braided rug, maybe? Pin cushions? Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. AnonymousMay 16, 2008

    great photos and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks perfect for snuggling. I've just wondered my way here from somewhere - lovely blog, I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |