7.30.2007

This Is The Way We Spend Our Weekend

Spend our weekend, spend our weekend.
Come'on, sing along.
Because, when Monday morning comes and we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, we'll be wishing for the weekend again.

We have the good fortune of living about 15 minutes from my aunt, uncle and cousins. They live together in the sort of extended family arrangement most of us only dream about. Father, mother, daughter, husband, two boys, three dogs, I don't know how many cats, two trampolines, pool and hot tub, gourmet kitchen, garden, pond, tractor. Need I say more? As my sons says, "This house is humongous!" 5000 square feet to be exact. Plenty of room for all of us to eat, drink, and be merry, which we do about once a month, thanks to my family's gracious hospitality.

Aidan made foam necklaces.









Avery made lanyards while taking a break from the pool.









Some of us read.












My mom finished a beautiful shawl for her trip to Italy.












My dad built a shelf for the kitchen.












My aunt made a rhubarb cake using a recipe from her high school home economics cookbook.





















This is the way my children look, children look, children look. This is the way my children look when they're tired of me taking pictures. Lucky for them my memory card was full and my battery died a slow, painful death. No, it was me who was in painful agony as I reluctantly put my camera away and joined the party sans lens. I needed both hands to drink my margarita anyways. Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 30, 2007

    Yum for margaritas and rhubarb pie and sparkling shawls! Looks like a good time was had by all! Have a wonderful wash day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. That's so awesome! But Grace is missing Avery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 30, 2007

    What a wonderful weekend we had. I love when we can come together as a family, encourage one another, laugh together, eat together and support each other.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I really like your new cover design! Very enticing...even irresistible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be a part of your family?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 30, 2007

    That's what family is all about, all about.
    We always look forward to these "special" weekends. No wonder the patriarchial system has worked for many generations. (Even though matriarch's rule)
    Fun, wasn't it?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |