11.12.2007

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

From the looks of our Pie Chart, you all are a bunch of pumpkin lovers. I was keeping my fingers crossed for cherry for a while; my aunt's cherry cream cheese pie recipe is something else. Cast your vote if you haven't already.


For all you pumpkin eaters, here is my recipe for pumpkin muffins. It has been carefully crafted through tasty trial and edible error, and kid-tested (my daughter just told me to tell you to make more than one batch).

Pumpkin Muffins

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
2 cups pumpkin (one 15 ounce can)
4 eggs

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cup unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or paper muffin pans (recipe makes 30 muffins). In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first six ingredients. In a medium bowl, sift together remaining ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix well. Fill muffin pans 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (Inspired by this recipe, but with a healthy twist by moi.)

These muffins go so fast that I've never had the opportunity to frost them, but I think they would be very nice with an orange glaze (1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice).

Enjoy the muffins and stop by again on Tuesday for a special post.

7 comments:

  1. mmmm. Those look delicious and are going to be on my list for this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm. And your house always smells so good when they are in the makin. :)

    btw, I finished my crochet project tonight! Now I need you to show me how to finish it the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any pumpkin left for George to add to a batch of brew?
    Muffins sound good, wish I were there!
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! How convienent!! I was about to cook up, puree and freeze my pumpkin for later, but I think I'll make a batch of these muffins first!! Thanks and I'll let you know how they went for my family! (Hubby isnt much of a pumpkin eater)

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |