12.10.2010

habit, 10 december

This is Avery's youngest friend. Although only two, she's taught us a few things: how to dress for walks in the rain, and also a few words in Finnish. Her mom is from Finland, and while she speaks English, she communicates with her children primarily in Finnish. To hear her read out loud from a children's book is an extraordinary lyrical treat. There's a very good reason for the phrase "mother tongue". The poor dad doesn't understand a word his daughter says!

Rain boots and slickers have been one of our best investments yet. Getting wet is no longer an excuse to stay indoors. The craft table and fireplace, on the other hand, are good excuses to stay inside. My circle cutting skills are improving and I now have more ruffled scarves than I can wear. Good thing two of you are taking scarves off my hands, or rather from around my neck!

Without easy access to the online random number generator, I found a new source of random numbers: Avery and Aidan. They each picked a number between 1 and 21, and the winners are commenters 10 and 16 -

Patricia and Kirstie!

Congratulations ladies! How convenient that I know where both of you live and what colors you like.

'Tis the season to give, so come back Monday for another giveaway. I'm seeing a pattern here...

One more thing - in case you don't already know, I'm over at Habit this month. Being there again is like an early Christmas present. Happy weekending!



7 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you at Habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never win anything! And the funniest part is that I won before I even won, and I have my scarf already! And I love it. The color makes me stand out almost as much as your sweet little friend against that corrugated metal. Perfect!

    I don't know how to say thank you in Finnish, but I know Swedish: Tack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll enjoy 'seeing' you at habit-- love that site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, a fireplace and a craft table. That sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed. rain boots and slickers open a whole new world of possibilities.

    Hurrah for your winners (and a big thanks to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this should be a print, a poster, a book cover...
    it's classic, m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shot of little A :)

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |