7.23.2008

I've Succumbed

to the hazy, lazy, crazy days of summer.



I plopped down in a deck chair by my neighbor's pool yesterday and announced that I was completely unmotivated to do anything.

"Isn't it great that we don't have to do anything?" my neighbor replied.

library bound

She is absolutely right. My days are filled with very few have-tos. I have to wake up, have to drink coffee, have to watch the kids swim, have to feed my family, have to return books to the library.

There are a lot of should-dos every day. I should think about dinner before dinnertime, I should do a load of laundry, I should sweep the floor, I should clean out the refrigerator. But all those shoulds can wait while we soak up what is left of summer. We have-to.

dinner outdoors

The evenings are long, the tomatoes are ripe, the beer is cold. How could I not succumb?

14 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you could not! I don't no that I couldn't myself! I must say your pictures are great and your dinner well, that looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you bizzy mommy!

    dinner is: pasta with broccoli and red onions sauteed then glazed with soy sauce. a few tomato wedges added just before final tossing. yummy and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 23, 2008

    The pasta looks delicious! We just one with penne, fresh roasted cherry tomatoes, feta and basil. We had to buy the tomatoes from the farmers market, we don't have enough growing even for a salad!But it was sure good. I cut the tomatoes in half, put on parchment paper, salt and olive oil drizzle, 250 for 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think about the "must's" you will have to do this weekend-
    Must enjoy family
    Must enjoy food
    Must enjoy cool Eureka weather
    Must enjoy Friends
    Must enjoy not driving
    Musy Enjoy!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly! I'm very "new" to blogging but found your page link on another page and I must say that I SO enjoyed reading your posts! You have a great way of mixing pictures and words and your photos are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you foreverme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh.. I've succumbed, too. (look at that word long enough and it starts to look like it's spelled wrong!) That is, until my in-laws came over this morning and then we spent the previous night cleaning up the house that I SHOULD have been cleaning but I was too busy succumbing to summer's lazy days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cold beer, a yummy pasta and fresh tomato salad with perfect broccoli...a good friend by the pool. What else could a girl possibly need?

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 26, 2008

    I'm glad to find another who feels that summer is heading towards almost over even though it is still July. Each day, I think 'where did it go?', as we cram more nothing into our long days. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopped by for a visit and wanted to say Hi and nice Blog!

    I love your pics!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. blissfullness.
    autumn. then comes my should do's that wait and i succumb.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 27, 2008

    Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  13. making that tomorrow :0) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |