12.26.2007

I Am One In A Million

Actually, I am one in one hundred million. Bloggers that is. This week marks the 10th anniversary of the very first blog. There are over 100 million blogs, and over 100,000 new blogs created every day. Some 30% of the American population read blogs. To think that a few short years ago I had no idea what a blog was, and now it is part of my everyday life. My friends and I talk about blogs we visit and marvel at how many talented and creative people there are out there in the blogosphere. My kids use the word "blog" as a verb. "Mom, are you going to blog about this?" they ask on a regular basis, though sometimes "blog" seems like a four letter word at our house. "Are you almost done blogging Mom?"

Morning Edition on NPR is running a series of stories this week on blogs. If you have a chance, pop on over to their site and read or listen to the series. I know I am. Happy 10th blogoversary to the blogosphere! Who knows what I would be doing today if it weren't for the invention of the blog. Laundry perhaps?

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing about all the interesting info on NPR. i had no idea what a blog was this time two years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I had heard of "blogging", I never imagined reading one on regular basis until I found one to look forward to reading. Of course when it's your daughter writing .....
    Thanks for giving us a reason to read!
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry schmaundry. It will always be there. Your creative ideals and talented writing are waiting to be born every day -- for our enjoyment and enrichment of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or dishes....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this post fascinating! The numbers make the mind boggle! All I have to add is thank goodness for blogs! They keep me sane, inspire me to goodness and creativity, and make me feel part of a group. Apart from my grown-up daughter (23) I don't know anyone else in real life who reads blogs. I must know technophobes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |