Life isn't always a handmade berry bowl full of locally grown cherries. Just sayin'.
But living mindfully means not minding the occasional bad day. Or two. But no more.
How bad can a day be when it's cherry season?
Here are a few more things cheering me up:
* This version of Poker Face and this version of Paparazzi. I'm not gaga over Lady Gaga, but I love what she's inspiring in others.
* Brown rice cooked in 15 minutes. Secret: pressure cooker. My friend Tricia taught me how to make it: Bring 5 1/2 cups of water to a boil in your pressure cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups brown rice, a little salt, maybe some oil or butter to reduce foam, cover and bring to pressure. Cook at full steam for 15 minutes, release pressure, drain and rinse rice. Perfection.
* Doing a sink full of dishes with 1 tablespoon of castille soap, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon baking soda. Not super sudsy, but pretty darn clean.
* Making gnocchi for dinner.
* Day 3 of a satisfactorily clean kitchen.
* This post at 3191. I can totally relate.
* Winning a copy of the Alabama Stitch Book! Thank you Gina!
OK. I'm going to eat some more cherries, crank up the Glee soundtracks (I bought all three), and Bust a Move.