12.21.2007

To Gnome, Gnome, Gnome Him

Is to love, love, love him. And I do-ooo, yes I do.

Perhaps I should be watching the seven kids who are running around my house right now, but with that many, I figure they will take care of each other. Too bad I don't have a house gnome to keep an eye on them.

I have been dreaming of a gnome in needlepoint for several months now, and just this morning I was inspired to bring him to life in red floss, on a remnant of a vintage handkerchief Avery once cut into, backed with a yummy vintage fabric I have been hoarding since summer. He is destined for another home, but maybe I will create a companion piece to keep for myself. Maybe I'll even learn how to post a template for him and you can make a gnome for yourself or someone you love. Anyone interested?

See you around some time next week. Eat, drink and be merry 'til we meet again!

11 comments:

  1. He is so adorable Molly! I love it. Have a relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gnomes...and embroidery! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am a huge gnome fan! If you ever posted a template, I would be in heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stuff, girl! I love it and maybe I would even try my hand at that ;) 7 kids!?! You are my hero (especially when 2 of them are mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who could NOT be interested in copying your gnomie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cute gnome. I love the details on the side. Do make a template my dear.cvg

    ReplyDelete
  8. your "testing 123" showed up on my googlereader, but I don't see it on your home page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, please post a template! Love your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Love gnomes. You are inspiring me again. I remember you mentioned crocheting a head band and I did it before you even posted a pattern. But with the gnome, the template might be good.

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Crafts

Archive

email: mollydunham@sbcglobal.net
Share |