Love is such a constant force in my life, and sometimes I take it for granted. Every once in a while it reaches out and whacks me on the head, lovingly, and reminds me of all of it's magnificent facets. Today, love tapped me on the shoulder and drew my attention to my husband, George.
There are so many reasons I love him, but I'll only share five, so as not to gag you with my gushing.
1. He is tall and strong (like my coffee). He can reach things on the highest shelf and is willing to carry my heavy vintage sewing machine wherever I ask.
2. When I showed him my plans for a sewing project, he asked if I was going to line my project. How could you not love a man who appreciates the importance of lining?
3. After dinner the other night, he offered to run to the store for some ice cream. Actually, he rode his bike. Before he left, he asked me for a cloth grocery bag. I love a man who loves the earth.
4. He caught, killed, gutted and cooked a trout over the weekend for our son. He is a catch and release kind of guy, but because our little guy loves fish so much, George put aside his personal convictions to make Aidan very happy. He even cleaned the fry pan. I'm glad I caught and didn't release him.
5. He makes hoppy beer that makes me very happy. Right now I'm enjoying a pint of his tasty hefeweizen, savoring the subtle hint of banana and clove. Mmmm.
I caught him reading my blog the other day, using the laptop which he bought me so I could write inside and out, and write my insides out. He was smiling. I wonder what he'll do when he reads this one, hehehe. And since I can't help myself, I have to share just one more thing I love about George. He flosses every day, and that is why his teeth look this good. Now you know where Aidan gets his teeth. That's right, the same package as George. Thanks Uncle Rob and Aunt Michelle for the laughs.